In a crockpot, combine the following:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
- Combine the following ingredients:
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours. Stir to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls
or pita bread.
NOTE: If you do not have a crockpot, you can simmer this mixture on top of the stove. Use a very
heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
This may also be served over rice rather than using rolls, if desired. Leftovers freeze great.