- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices lightly buttered rye bread toast
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Sliced red onions
Slice steak diagonally across the grain, 1/8-inch thick.* In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the
butter to sizzling. Add half the beef and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Toss over high heat
until lightly browned. Remove and repeat with remaining butter, steak, salt and pepper.
For each serving: place a slice of toast on plate; cover with 1/4 cup of the lettuce and 1/4 of the
beef slices. Serve the applesauce mixture on the side. Garnish with red onion rings and
* Partially freeze flank steak to make slicing easier.
Makes 4 servings.