- Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup beer (at room temperature)
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 cup coconut, slightly chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
so batter is not too thin. Coat hot dogs with batter, lifting out of batter with a fork. Sprinkle with
coconut. Roll lightly in flour. Fry hot dogs one at a time in oil until golden. Heat in 275 degree F
oven for 8 to 10 minutes until center of hot dogs are heated.