- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 4 (1-inch thick) slices Italian bread, with crust removed
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat broiler. Put crab meat in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon lime juice and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon lime juice, mayonnaise, and mustard until
smooth. Pour sauce over crab and toss to coat. Season crab mixture with salt and pepper and
chill, covered, for 30 minutes.
Lightly toast bread. Lightly butter toast. Spoon one fourth crab mixture into 1/2 cup measure.
Holding toast on top of mixture in measure, invert crab onto the toast an set on an ungreased
baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture and toast and sprinkle 1 tablespoon
Parmesan over each sandwich. Broil sandwiches about 3 inches from heat until cheese is melted
and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.