- 1/4 pound bacon slices, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 large slices whole wheat bread
- Lemon twist and parsley sprig, to garnish
Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Peel avocado, taking care not to remove bright green flesh just inside the skin. Cut in half and remove seed. In a bowl, mash avocado, then stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Butter two slices of bread. Spread avocado mixture on buttered sides of 2 bread slices. Scatter bacon over avocado. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered sides down, and press together.
Cut off bread crusts. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Arrange on a serving plate, garnished with a lemon twist and parsley sprig.